[This book is a limited-release, offset-print copy of Cities Without Number. It has a sewn binding, printed endsheets, and superior paper and ink quality as compared to the POD versions offered elsewhere. A limited number of these books were printed in excess of those sent to the backers of the Kickstarter that funded it, and when these books are sold out, they will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. This purchase also includes the deluxe PDF of the book as a free bonus download, emailed automatically as soon as the book ships.]
The world is neon and dust.
There is nothing more than the flesh. There is nothing greater than the wires. There is nothing to dream that is not sold and nothing to worship that is not made. It is a mirrorshade world of human reflections, every red hunger and every black passion worshiped in cathedrals of glass and greed. The great love their sins like children and the least want only to be great. Who could hope for more?
Cities Without Number is a cyberpunk role-playing game built for sandbox adventures in a dystopia of polished chrome and bitter misery. It's both a full-fledged Sine Nomine toolkit for building a cyberpunk world of your own and an Old School Renaissance-inspired game system for playing out the reckless adventures of the desperate men and women who live in it. Whether polished metal or flesh and blood, your operators will risk their lives and more to seize those precious things a merciless world would keep from them.
In its pages, you'll find...
- An old-school inspired game system that's fully compatible with the sci-fi Stars Without Number game and its fantasy sister-game Worlds Without Number
- Cyberware and sophisticated high-tech gear suitable for chroming the most discriminating cyborg and equipping the most refined of street operators
- Playability-focused hacking rules designed to give hacking-focused PCs useful and important things to do without forcing an entire separate mini-game on the GM
- Gear rules for drones and vehicles, to better equip PCs who want to bring a little extra iron on their next mission
- System-neutral Sine Nomine worldbuilding tools for helping a GM create their own custom cyberpunk world or elaborate the details of existing worlds and settings
- Gang, corp, and city district creation tools for fleshing out your world with people and places that fit
- Fifty Mission Tags for adventure creation, plus guidelines and step-by-step procedures for handling facility infiltrations, managing local heat, selling loot, and other activities beloved of corp-hating street scum everywhere
- The default campaign setting of the City, a premade backdrop to help you get into the game as quickly as possible
In this deluxe edition, you'll also be getting...
- Cyberware quirks and features for particular megacorp product lines
- Variant gengineered human types for PCs who don't fit the baseline mold
- Optional rules for the psychological strain of Cyber Alienation
- Optional rules for cheap street cyber, for those campaign settings where every goon with a knife has some wire beneath his skin
- Spellcasting, spirit summoning, and magical items for GMs who want to add a dash of magic into their cyberpunk world
For more than a decade, the Without Number games have given GMs and players the tools they need to forge their own sandbox worlds. Cities Without Number adds to that, so get it now and build a dystopia that's all your own.